Tuesday 23 August 2011

DUNSTER AGRICULTURAL SHOW

I recently attended the Dunster Agricultural Show in the village of Dunster, Somerset. The annual show is held in the beautiful grounds of the Dunster Castle on Exmoor.


The TV screen advertising the Demo


As you know, I like to buy my meat from local sources and the butcher I use, Gerald David and Family, had set up a Food Hall at the show which included a large butchery counter and butchery talks, demonstrations etc.  I was invited, as a regular customer, to give a cookery demonstration.


Preparing the Vegetables





 I chose to make Spicy Beef Stuffed Red Peppers. A recipe I have featured here previously. Unlike the TV chefs, there is no opportunity for editing etc so the dish has to be prepared and cooked in a restricted environment within thirty minutes!






 It was great fun demonstrating this dish and I was really pleased with the finished result.



The Demo in Progress!




Plating up the Finished Dish


All this goes to prove that one is never too old to try out new skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment