Thursday 30 June 2011

Moroccan Lamb Tagine

Wednesday, 29 June 2011


As I wrote yesterday, the lamb has been  in the fridge overnight absorbing the lovely spices.  This is an Antony Worral Thompson recipe for Moroccan Lamb Tagine and one of my favourite recipes.  I came across it in a magazine some years ago.  Over the years I have tweaked the recipe and always make a double lot so that I can freeze half of it.  It freezes extremely well.
The lamb is really succulent at this time of year and I purchase it locally from an independent butcher.  The meat is totally traceable, which I prefer. It is good to know that the animals have the freedom to enjoy the lush grass of our area. No lengthy air miles here!
There are quite a few ingredients in this recipe but it is well worth the effort to make.
The aroma from this dish is  filling the kitchen and tickles my nostrils! A great meal to come!
I  will serve this with plain cous cous. My husband enjoys this recipe as much as I do; in fact, he enjoys me experimenting with a wide range of recipes.


When I invited our neighbours for a get-together I made a double batch and served it with a fruity cous cous, green bean salad as well as plain cous cous and naan bread. It went down well and some asked for the recipe.

As with all stews and casseroles, this dish has a more intense flavour if served the following day. When cooked, cool quickly and put in the fridge.  Reheat in a covered casserole in the oven, ensuring it is heated through thoroughly. Great for entertaining as all the work is done the day before.

If you go to the Irish Food Board website - Bord Bia - you can download some Antony Worral Thompson's recipes or look on BBC Food for this recipe.

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment