Wednesday 27 July 2011

BAKING SESSION

Today I have had a baking and cooking session to stock my freezer. I used some lovely Aberdeen Angus minced steak to make a lasagne.  This is now cooling and ready for the freezer.  It is always handy to have a ready meal in the freezer for unexpected guests or when I am busy in other ways.

To satisfy my husband's sweet tooth I made a Victoria Sandwich cake and filled it with my home-made jam.  This is one of his favourites! A few drops of vanilla essence added to the mixture gives it a pleasant flavour. Do use real vanilla essence as it is so much better than vanilla flavouring.


Victoria Sandwich Cake








Ingredients:
150g/6 oz softened butter
150g/6 oz caster sugar
3 large free range eggs
150g/6 oz S R Flour
Few drops vanilla essence

Jam to fill
Icing Sugar or caster sugar to dust






















No comments:

Post a Comment